Questions About Using Your Phone Number
1) How do I use my phone number?To use, visit a participating store, provide your phone number to the cashier or kiosk and specify the amount you want to add. Upon payment, an Amazon.ca Gift Card will be automatically purchased and claimed to your Amazon Balance if your number is verified. If your phone number is unverified, some stores will provide you a printed receipt with an Amazon.ca Gift Card Claim Code.
To verify your phone number, login to Your Account, and click on Login and security, then click on Add next to Mobile Phone Number, you will be prompted to select a country code from a drop down menu and enter your phone number. A verification code will be sent to you via SMS. Enter the code to confirm that you are in possession of the mobile phone number you are linking to your account. For security purposes, you may have to re-enter your Amazon password. Once this is complete, your mobile phone number will be linked to your account and you can complete Amazon Cash transactions using that phone number.
How To Buy Amazon Gift Cards
In the present time, Amazon offers three different gift card options: eGift, Print at Home, and Mail. With the eGift Card option, you can buy and send an Amazon gift card directly through the Email or Text Message to the person you know.
If you choose to proceed with the Print at Home Gift Card option, you will receive the gift code after the purchase and then you can print it at home according to your wish as you usually create your own gift for your loved on.
And in case, if you order a gift card using the Mail Gift Card option then Amazon will send the ordered gift card via Mail in a mini envelope or mini box according to your selection. Its remarkably convenient and quite a professional system, and it works really well.
Since now you are familiar with the Amazon.com gift card options, now lets see the step by step answer to your question how to buy an Amazon gift card and how to send someone an amazon gift card online. The process of buying Amazon gift cards is very simple and quick. In order to buy an amazon gift card:
Step : First of all, go to the page and then select the type of gift card you want to purchase.
Step : Next, select the Gift card design as well as the Gift card amount and enter all other details.
Step : Now click on the Add to cart button and then click on the Proceed to checkout button.
If you already have an account with your payment information already saved with amazon, log in. If not, create an account and follow the on-screen prompts.
Amazon Now Lets You Send Gifts To People Using Just Their Email
Amazon Prime members can now send gifts with an email or phone number even if they dont know the recipients mailing address.
Amazon has launched a new gifting feature that will allow Amazon Prime users in the continental US to send gifts to others using only an email address or phone number without the need to know the address the gift should be delivered to.
Apart from being restricted to Prime users in the continental US, the feature can also only be accessed from mobile devices for now.
The gift recipient doesnt need to be a Prime member, but they will need to set up an account if they dont already have one to accept the gift and continue providing the shipping address the gift should be delivered to.
Recipients will also have the option to exchange the gift for an Amazon gift card or decline the gift altogether. If they decide to trade the gift for a card, Amazon will not communicate the decision to the sender, nor will the company disclose the recipients mailing address.
Also, Amazon will only charge the senders credit card when the recipient accepts or exchanges the gift. If the recipient ignores the notification for the pending gift, the selection will expire after a few days.
Recommended Reading: Check Walmart Visa Card Balance
How Does The New Amazon Prime Gift Option Work
This is what it looks like in your mobile Amazon app to select sending a gift to a recipient using just their email address or phone number.
We’ll share more details in the step-by-step below, but in general, as the gift-giver you just have to send a gift receipt and select the new delivery option. The recipient will then be notified to accept the gift by providing their address. If they decide to not accept the gift, they can exchange it for an Amazon gift card. Amazon says it won’t tell the person who picked out the gift if the recipient chooses a gift card instead.
Questions About Using Your Barcode
1) How do I use my barcode?To use your barcode, visit a participating store, show the cashier your barcode to scan, and then pay the amount you want to add to your Amazon Balance.
2) Will I have one barcode for all participating stores?Yes, you will only need one Amazon Cash barcode. Your barcode is linked to your account and can be used every time you want to add Amazon Cash. There is no need to generate a new barcode each time.**
3) How do I get quick access to my Amazon Cash barcode?
From the Amazon Cash barcode page in the Amazon App:
Android – Select Add to Home Screen to create a shortcut on your smartphones home screen.
iOS – Select Add to Apple Wallet to store your Amazon Cash barcode in your smartphones digital wallet.
4) What should I do if my barcode wont scan?If your barcode is not scanning, please make sure your phones brightness is set to the highest value and then retry. If you are still having issues with the barcode being scanned, we suggest using our Print-at-Home option which you can access by visiting on a desktop browser and selecting Get your barcode. Here you will be given an option to print your barcode which can be brought into the store for scanning. Additionally, many stores will have the option to add Amazon Cash via your phone number or using a claim code.
Read Also: Giftcard Ebay Com Balance
Send Or Schedule Your Gift Card
Now its time to hit send. Before you do, double-check the following to make sure everything is received properly:
- Spelling:The last thing you want to do is misspell someones name or make an embarrassing typo. Use spell check software just in case.
- Email address or phone number:If youre sending your eGift via email or phone text message, ensure everything is entered properly. Sending to the wrong address could mean the wrong person gets your gift!
- Schedule:Check the schedule you chose to make sure your eGift gets there right on schedule.
Once youre ready, click send! Thats all there is to it. Theres no denying that this is one of the easiest ways to send a gift.
I Lost Or Never Received My Electronic Netflix Gift Card From Amazon
If you lost the electronic Netflix Gift Card you purchased at Amazon or you or your intended recipient never received the gift card via email after your purchase, you can resend the card from the account it was purchased from.
Please note that resending the gift card will generate a new gift card, and the original gift card will be deactivated.
To resend an e-mail or text message gift card:
Go to Your Orders on the .
Find the gift card you wish to resend.
Review the information regarding the gift card to be reissued, and follow the instructions on the page. You may be asked to verify payment information for security purposes.
Amazon will send you an e-mail confirmation once the original gift card has been canceled and a new one has been issued.
Don’t Miss: Short Spiritual Gifts Test Printable
How To Accept An Amazon Gift
You can unwrap your Amazon gifts virtually.
If you have been sent a gift through Amazon, here’s how to accept it :
1. Click on the text or email notification from Amazon and tap View and accept your gift.
2. Tap on your present to unwrap it and watch an animation of your gift being revealed.
3. Once you’ve virtually unwrapped your gift, you can choose to Accept and provide an address or Exchange for an Amazon gift card.
4. If you choose to accept the gift, you will be prompted to provide your delivery address. After you enter your address, tap Deliver to this address and then Accept the gift.
5. Amazon will then ship your gift to you with free Prime shipping.
How To Send Amazon Raksha Bandhan Gift Card Via Whatsapp To Your Sister
1 min read.Avneet Kaur
Amazon Raksha Bandhan gift card can be sent via WhatsApp, SMS or email.
Amazon offers a multiple choice of gift cards for festivals and special occasions. The largest e-commerce company offers a wide range of gift cards for Raksha Bandhan. You can send the eGift card in a few minutes to your sister. You can select a design and enter the amount. You can send the gift card via WhatsApp or through SMS. Click on ‘Add to cart/ buy now’ and complete your purchase.
You can choose the Raksha Bandhan gift card for any value up to 10,000.
To check the details, go to ‘Your orders’ to see the gift card details and click on ‘share this Gift card.’ You can send the Gift card to your sister via a messaging app of your choice.
You can also send the gift card to your sister via Email. You just have to select the design and enter an amount and then choose ‘Email’ as delivery option. Enter your sister’s email id, a personal message and the delivery date. Then, click on Add to cart/ Buy now and complete your purchase.
Your sister will receive the gift card in 15 minutes. Amazon will notify you when your sister gets it. You can also track the send status on ‘Your orders’ page.
Pay Gift Cards cannot be purchased using Amazon Pay balance or through Credit/ Debit Cards issued outside India. Amazon Pay Gift Card once issued cannot be cashed out, cancelled, refunded or transferred.
You May Like: How To Use Ebay Gift Card Without Paypal
How To Instantly Send Egift Cards Via Text Dm Or Email: Step
Cake values integrity and transparency. We follow a strict editorial process to provide you with the best content possible. We also may earn commission from purchases made through affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more in our affiliate disclosure.
Gift cards have long been one of the best ways to send a treat to friends and family. Unlike traditional gifts, you dont have the same stress of choosing the right thing. You simply send a specific amount of money towards a particular retailer, restaurant, or service, and the recipient chooses what theyd like with those funds.
Jump ahead to these sections:
But, what if youre not able to send a gift card through the mail or deliver it in-person? What if you dont have access to the store, restaurant, or service? The good news is that its still possible to send a gift card.
In this case, youll need whats called an eGift card or virtual gift card. In this guide, well share how to instantly send eGift cards via text, DM, or email.
How Does An Amazon Print A Gift Card Work
Amazon.com is a virtual marketplace where individuals can purchase music, electronics, books, movies, housewares and a variety of other products. Rather than picking out a gift for a friend or loved one, Amazon allows users to purchase and print personalized gift cards directly from its website. These gift cards can be a good choice when giving a gift to someone whom you don’t know well, or those who enjoy the excitement of picking out their own present.
You May Like: Will Bass Pro Accept Cabela’s Gift Cards
Great Ways To Send Someone An Amazon Gift Card
Youve probably seen for sale at department stores, grocery stores and other local retailers.
Chances are you have actually bought one of them to give away as a gift. And yes, they really do make great gifts!
But what if you wish to give an Amazon gift card to someone that lives somewhere far away?
Well, its actually very easy to have Amazon send a gift card virtually anywhere with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Here are three fast and easy options:
1 Send the gift card via email.
Simply visit this page at Amazon, select the style of gift card you wish to send, then complete the order process.
Your lucky recipient will receive an email from Amazon right away announcing your gift.
The email will also explain how to apply the gift card balance to the recipients own Amazon account.
2 Send the gift card inside an actual greeting card.
Visit this page and select the amount of the gift and choose a card design, then complete the order process.
Amazon will then ship the greeting card that you selected along with gift card to the recipient.
3 -Send the gift card inside a gift box.
Visit this page and select the gift box design you like, then complete the order process.
Amazon will then ship the gift box containing the gift card to the recipient.
As you can see, Amazon makes it easy to send someone an Amazon Gift Card regardless of where they might happen to live.
Bonus tip: This post explains how to check your gift card balance on Amazon.
How To Redeem An Amazon Gift Card Via The Website
The process is pretty similar if you go through Amazon’s website.
1. Head to Amazon and log in, then hover your mouse over the Account & Lists option in the top-right.
2. In the menu that appears, click Gift Card Balance.
3. You’ll see your current gift card balance and transaction history. To redeem a new gift card, click Redeem a Gift Card and enter its code.
Quick tip: Just like on the mobile app, you can set up an “auto-reload” schedule so your gift card never runs out of money. Just head back to the Gift Card Balance page and click Set up Auto-reload.
You can also redeem an Amazon gift card right from the checkout page. Under Add a gift card or promotion code or voucher, type your gift card number and then click Apply.
Recommended Reading: How To Check Starbucks Gift Card Balance Without Security Code
Why Send An Egift Card Vs A Traditional Card
Why would you choose to send an eGift card in the first place, especially if its so easy to find traditional cards? There are a lot of reasons why an eGift card is often more practical. Not only does it pair perfectly with a virtual thank you note or another card, but its also easier for most recipients to use. It has a lot of benefits vs. a traditional, physical card.
- Distance: If youre not local to the shop, restaurant, etc., a virtual gift card allows you to gift exactly what you had in mind without needing to travel or pick up the phone. For example, you could give your parents a night out at their favorite restaurant, even if you live across the country.
- Secure: A digital gift card is also more secure. Since gift cards are typically treated like cash, if theyre lost, thats it. A digital gift card is much easier to keep secure.
- Eco-friendly: Additionally, virtual gift cards are more sustainable. Because they dont need to be printed on plastic, they save resources.
- Customizable: eGift cards are also highly customizable. You can choose a specific design or even add your own text, unlike with physical cards.
- Instant: Last but not least, its easy to instantly send your online gift card without needing to deliver anything in person or wait for the mail.
Ultimately, with so much flexibility with online gift cards nowadays, its no wonder these are the first choice for many people.
Heres the step-by-step guide to getting started.
» CAKE FOR ENTERPRISE:
Amazon Shopping Hack Lets You Send Gifts The Sneaky Way
Amazon Prime members get a new perk ahead of the holiday season, a quick way to send gifts without digging around for a delivery address. We’ll tell you how to do it, and what the catch is.
We’ll tell you how to send gifts on Amazon without knowing your family or friends’ mailing address.
Have you ever wanted to ship a gift to a friend or family member, but you don’t have their mailing address handy? A for Prime members takes out the guesswork, sleuthing and awkward, surprise-ruining conversation of asking for a friend or loved one’s address when it comes time to send along a stealthy gift.
We love this idea, especially as the holidays come up and, along with them, opportunities to send along smaller presents to coworkers or family or friends who may have moved and whose address you don’t have on file. Amazon says the new feature should now have rolled out to the majority of Amazon Prime customers, but there are a couple catches you’ll want to know before you start — so read up.
Get the CNET How To newsletter
Amazon has also kicked off its “Black Friday-worthy” holiday deals. You can take a look at all the day’s discounts at the Epic Deals section of Amazon’s website or mobile app, or by asking your Alexa device, like an Echo or the Amazon mobile app, “Alexa, what are my deals?”
Read Also: Where To Buy Engagement Gifts