Activate Over The Phone
Where Can Gift Cards Be Used
It can be used to make purchases everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
Here are some tips when using the card at:
- Restaurants, Beauty Salons, Hotels, Car Rental Agencies – It is customary for service-oriented or travel companies to require an available balance over the purchase amount . This is to ensure sufficient funds for tips or accidental expenses.
- Gas Stations – Paying at the pump using this card requires at least a minimum balance of $100. However, only the actual amount spent will be deducted from the card. If your gift card balance is less than $100, you can use the card inside the station, as long as the purchase does not exceed the remaining balance.
- On-line Merchants – In order to use this card for merchants who use address verification to verify purchases, you must register your card on-line at www.harlandclarkegiftcard.com. Login as a “Returning Cardholder” and follow the instructions to register your card. Your card may not be used at age restricted on-line merchant sites.
Find The Issuing Bank
To check your Visa credit or debit card balance online, start by finding the issuing banks website. Most cards include the customer service phone number and website on the back of the card. You can also visit the Visa personal card website to find a link to each issuers website. The credit card issuer’s contact information is usually included with the materials you receive when opening the card.
Read More:What’s My Wells Fargo Routing Number?
Don’t Miss: Personalized Dunkin Donuts Cards
How To Check Visa Debit Card Balance
To check your Visa debit card balance, you can call the toll-free number or visit the Visa card issuers site and enter your cards 16-digit number and security code. Usually, you can find a phone number and the issuers website on the back of the card.
Visa can establish an official partnership with banks, financial platforms, and credit unions to issue Visa label credit and debit cards. Visa does not provide credit cards directly dispensed to the customers. If you have a Visa credit card and need to check your account balance online along with the Visa gift card and the prepaid card, you can do so through the following methods.
How Do I Check My Visa Account Balance Online
While it does not offer credit cards directly to consumers, Visa does partner with banks, financial institutions and credit unions to offer Visa-branded credit and debit cards. As a Visa credit card holder, you can check your account balance online. You can also check Visa gift card and prepaid card balances online.
You May Like: Abercrombie Kids Gift Cards
Register Your Visa Gift Card
When you purchase a Visa Prepaid Card or if you receive a Visa Prepaid Card as a gift, you will need to apply for the Card before it can be used for any transaction. Card registration is often referred to as card activation.
To activate the card, you must have access to a phone or computer with an internet connection.
Making A Purchase With Your Visa Gift Card
- What if I change my mind and want to cancel a purchase?
If a merchant cancels a purchase transaction for you, it may take three to seven business days for the cancellation to show up on your Visa Gift card record and for the funds to be credited to your card and available for use. Check the balance on your card, either online or by phone, to see when your cancelled purchase transaction has been processed. Refer to the back of your card for the web site address/phone number of the financial institution that issued your card.
- Why was my Visa Gift card declined?
- Your card may have expired. Check the expiry date printed on the front of your card. In this case, let the merchant know how much remaining balance you have on your card. The merchant may split the transaction and allow you to pay for part of your purchase with the Gift card, and then the remaining part of your purchase with another form of payment, such as a credit, debit or cash.
- Your remaining card balance may be less than the value of the item you wish to purchase.
- Merchants who only possess a manual imprint machine cannot accept Gift cards which have the phrase “ELECTRONIC USE ONLY” printed on the front of the card.
- Some internet merchants use fraud protection software that may decline a Gift card purchase transaction.
- Your card may not be activated or registered yet. Follow the activation and registration instructions that came with the card, or contact the card issuer
Also Check: Games To Win Gift Cards
Question: How To Check My Balance On A Visa Gift Card
Start by looking at the back of your gift card. Typically, youll find a toll-free number you can call to discover your balance. Or you can check your balance by visiting the card issuers site and entering your cards 16-digit number and security code.8 sep. 2021
How can I check the balance on my gift card?
- Easily look up your gift card balance by entering in the 10 digit gift card number, select the checkbox, and click Check Your Balance.. View the beginning balance of your gift card, any redemptions by date, and the remaining balance of your card .
Check Gift Card Balances
Visa also collaborates with banks and credit unions to offer gift cards and prepaid cards. Most gift and prepaid card issuers include the websites on the back of the card where you can check the balance of your card. The information you need to access your online account varies depending on the issuer and can include the card number, three-digit code on the back of the card and your email address. For example, the Visa gift card from TD Bank simply requires the first six digits of the card to log in and check your balance, while the Wells Fargo card requires the full card number and the three digits on the back.
Don’t Miss: Six Year Anniversary Theme
How To Check Your Visa Gift Card Balance
This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards. This article has been viewed 99,889 times.Learn more…
When using a Visa gift card, you may occasionally lose track of its precise balance while making purchases. If you need to know how much you have left on the card, it’s easy to check your balance. To check your balance, you have two options. You can look your balance up online or call the toll free number on the back of your card.
What Is The Difference Between A Pending Transaction And A Posted Transaction
Pending transactions are authorized transactions with a hold for the purchase amount until the transaction clears. Posted transactions are purchases that have cleared on your card. There are some pending transactions that are more or less than the amount you actually spent. Some retailers place a pre-authorization amount to ensure the account is active and that you have enough money to cover the purchase. Once the transaction posts to your account, the pending transaction will be removed within a few business days, and you can use the funds again.
Also Check: Where Can I Buy Southwest Airlines Gift Cards
Checking Your Balance Online
How To Check A Visa Gift Card Balance
It has been a while since you started using your Visa gift card and you are not sure how much of it is spent and how much you still have in terms of balance. You can check your Visa gift card balance in several ways. If you have access to a computer and an internet connection, simply go to the card issuers website to check the balance. Alternatively, you could call the toll-free customer support number . Now a look at these methods of getting a Visa gift card balance in detail.
Read Also: Audible Gift Card Purchase
Calling The Gift Card Company
Calling The Toll Free Number
- Where do I reload my Visa gift card?Carly GallagherYou can’t reload it. It should say “not refillable” somewhere on the card.Thanks!
- What does it mean when the available balance is 0?Community AnswerThis means that there is no money left on the card. If you do not recall spending the money, then the card may have expired.Thanks!
- Can I return an item I purchased with a gift card?Mystery899Community AnswerYes, of course. Your right to return an item is exactly the same regardless of whether you bought it with a gift card, a payment card, or a combination of the two. Do keep hold of your gift card until you are sure that you are happy with your order.Thanks!
Don’t Miss: Qvc Gift Cards At Walgreens
Want To Get A Visa Gift Card
A smart gift anyone can appreciate.
The Visa Gift card is an ideal choice for birthdays, holidays, weddings, and suits all your gift-giving needs. It’s also perfect for people of all ages. You decide how much money to give they decide where to spend it.
You will receive important information regarding the Visa Gift card such as how to activate and use the card. This information should be given to the recipient of the card.
How Do You Find The Balance On A Vanilla Visa Gift Card
According to Made Man, it is possible to check the balance on a Vanilla Visa gift card by calling the Visa customer service number at 800-571-1376. The balance can also be checked at the Vanilla Visa website.
Vanilla Visa offers an easy way to check a gift card balance on its website. Simply enter the gift card number, expiration date and CVV number, and click the arrow to get the gift card balance. As Made Man explains, it is important to know the balance on the card before presenting it for payment. If the total due on a purchase is greater than the cards balance, the store clerk must enter the exact balance on the card to make payment possible.
Don’t Miss: How Much Do You Spend On Bridesmaid Gifts
How To Check Your Gift Card Balance At Walmart Stores
Another way to check your Walmart gift card balance is to visit your local store.
To check your balance in-store:
Check My Gift Card Balance
If you want to learn how to check a gift card balance, you’ve come to the right place. Select one of the following merchant names and we’ll indicate the phone number, website address and whether you can check the gift card balance in-store. Please direct all inquiries regarding your balance to the merchant.
You May Like: Where To Buy Cabela’s Gift Card
Sign Up For Online Account
Before you can log in and check your balance, you must through the issuing bank or credit union. Registering for an online account requires the card number, three-digit code on the back, a valid email address and a password. Chase, for example, asks for the card number, your Social Security number and a user ID. Once logged in, you can often find your balance on the home page of your account. Otherwise, find a link for check balance or view account balance.
Why Should I Register My Visa Gift Card
There are several benefits:
- It enables you to make purchases online. Your registered address will serve as the billing address that retailers require.
- It enables representatives to more quickly assist you when you need assistance.
- It protects you if your card is ever lost or stolen, so that you can be reimbursed for funds lost.
Read Also: Using Visa Gift Card Internationally
How Is Visa Involved
Visa is not a credit card or gift card issuer. The company is a network for banks and businesses that want to issue Visa credit and gift cards, which are cards that come with different rewards. Visa creates the rewards programs so that banks dont have to come up with their own.
This means more consumers will have access to the rewards, making them more attractive to Visas partners who provide them, who then can then offer them to consumers at a lower cost. Visa also does not issue gift cards. Those come from banks, stores and other businesses. They are part of the Visa network, which helps advertise and promote the cards.
Read More: How to Send a Gift Card
Check The Balance On My Visa Gift Card
Visa provides a web page with step-by-step instructions for checking your balance. Navigate to this page, which has the headline, “How to Check Your Visa Gift Card Balance.” You can call the toll-free number on the back of your card or go to the card issuers site and enter the cards 16-digit number and security code.
Different companies offer different Visa gift cards, and the Visa web page lists a number of them, with direct links to their websites, including:
You can also use a general gift card website that sells cards, such as GiftCardMall.com, to check your balance.
Recommended Reading: Walmart.com/giftcardsbalance