How To Shop Uber Eats Gift Cards
Based in San Francisco, California, the online food ordering and delivery platform was launched in 2014 by Garrett and Travis Kalanick. Providing breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner menus, Uber Eats continues to expand and is now partnering with restaurants in dozens of cities around the world.The idea is simple: depending on the city they live in, people can have food delivered to them in just a couple of minutes. You can offer an Uber Eats gift card to a special someone in your life and allow them to choose between a variety of meals at different prices, from their favourite local restaurants.
Are Uber Egift Cards Refundable
Once an Uber eGift Card has been e-mailed, it is non-refundable. If the intended recipient does not receive the e-card or accidentally deletes it, ask the recipient to check SPAM folders, deleted email folders or automatic filters. If the gift card is not found, contact Customer Service for assistance.
How Do I Send Someone An Uber Gift Card
If you’re stuck on a gift idea for a loved one, you may like to consider an Uber gift card. Uber gift cards can be used for either Uber or Uber Eats, and make a unique gift. There are several ways that you can buy an Uber gift card and send it to your recipient. Let’s look at how you can send someone an Uber gift card.
Sending an Uber Gift Card
There are several different ways that you can send someone an Uber gift card.Uber gift cards can be bought and sent digitally, or you can send a gift card in the mail. An Uber gift card will make someone’s day. Uber gift cards are available in various amounts, starting at as little as $15. Follow these steps to send someone an Uber gift card:
Perhaps the easiest way to send someone an Uber gift card is digitally through the app. You can instantly send a gift card, and it will just take a few minutes.
1. Open your Uber app, or Uber Eats app, then click on “Send a Gift” This is located in themenu or account section of the Uber app.
2. Follow the prompts to send the gift directly to your friend or family’s app.
3. The recipient will receive a notification telling them that they have a gift.
In the post
Alternatively, you can buy an Uber gift card from a participating retailer. Gift cards are available in amounts of $15 and up. Many supermarkets and newsagents have Uber gift cards available. Once you’ve purchased a card, you can send it to the recipient in the mail.
Contact Uber Customer Service Team
Recommended Reading: Crunchyroll Card Information Invalid
How Do I Redeem An Uber Gift Card
To redeem a gift card, the recipient will simply enter the code shown on the card into their Uber app before requesting a ride or other service.
The cards are valid in any city where Uber operates in the country where the card was purchased.
Uber also says that the cards never expire, so your recipient can use it any time they wish.
To enter the card number into the Uber rider app, open the app and:
Once youve entered a gift card into the Uber app, it will be used by default to pay for your next trip until the balance is completely used.
Youll be prompted to add an additional gift code or secondary payment method before you request a ride if your gift card balance is less than the full amount that your trip costs or when using a gift card to pay for an Uber Eats order.
An authorization may be made on that payment method, but it will be voided once the gift card is charged.
Uber says that university campus cards cant be used as an alternative payment method, so youll have to use a real credit or debit card.
Once a gift card is added to an Uber account, it cant be transferred.
Gift card credits will apply to your next trip or Uber Eats order by default but you can select a different payment method before you make your request:
Follow Up With The Recipient
Last but not least, be sure to follow up with the recipient on the day theyre supposed to receive their virtual gift. If its a holiday or special day, they might not be checking their messages as frequently. Let them know to be on the lookout for your eGift so they dont miss it.
From there, stay in touch with them in case they have any trouble with it. Most likely, theyll put it to use right away, and thats all you need to do!
» MORE: Create one for free with Cake.
Recommended Reading: Does Cabelas Honor Other Gift Cards
How To Redeem A Gift Card
It has never been easier! The recipient of the Uber Eats card can redeem the gift by following the instructionbelow.
You must have an active and valid Uber or Uber Eats account to redeem it. If you do not have one you can createone with our referral link and enjoy freecredit.
- Open your Uber Eats app
- Tap the Account icon at the bottom right of the main screen
- Tap “Wallet” then “Add Payment Method”
- Tap on gift card and put your Pin/gift code
The balance of the card will automatically be applied to your account and will be used to pay for any futureitems purchased via the app.
If you have problems redeeming your card, you can always contact the Uber Eats customer service.
Where Can I Use My Uber Gift Card
You can redeem your Uber Gift Card online at Uber.com or using the Uber mobile app. Once the gift card has been added to your account, it will be used as the default payment for rides or Uber Eats orders until the value of the card has been spent. Once a gift card has been added, it cannot be transferred.
Recommended Reading: How Many Gift Cards Can I Use At Cabela’s
How To Use An Uber Eats Gift Card To Pay For Orders
1. Open the Uber Eats app.
2. Tap on the Account tab in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
3. Select the “Wallet” option.
4. To use a gift card, you’ll want to tap “Add payment method.”
5. Select “Gift card” from the list of options.
6. Fill in the pin/gift code found in the text or email sent when you received your gift card.
Visa Gift Cards For Food Delivery
If youre not sure which food delivery gift card will be most convenient for the recipient, you could give a Visa gift card instead. The recipient may use the gift card for something else, but I think that is okay. It is a gift, after all. While you may think a hot cooked meal delivery is in order, the person receiving the gift card may need a tank full of gas more than a belly full of pasta. Let it be, and be happy to provide whatever is needed most.
Recommended Reading: Spotify One Year Gift Card
Choose And Customize Your Card
Next, if you have the option, choose and customize your card. Many online card providers have multiple designs to choose from, and you might even be able to design your own. Again, consider the purpose of the gift. Choosing a design with the right theme helps set the stage for your gift, even if its digital.
When customizing your card, pay close attention to the following to make it special:
- To/from:Make sure you spell the recipients name properly in the to field, and use a name theyll recognize in the from field. Avoid using placeholders like friend,dear, or love unless you know theyll recognize the nickname.
- Message:Share a special message along with your gift. Wish them well and let them know youre thinking of them.
- How to send:Some online platforms let you customize how you send your card. You can send via email, text, or even DM. Be sure youre using the choice thats easiest and most accessible for your recipient.
- Timing:In many cases, you also have the option to customize when your card is virtually sent to your recipient. Most people want the digital gift sent as soon as possible, but you might want to wait until a special occasion .
Egift Cards: Frequently Asked Questions
Because you dont buy eGift cards in-person, you might have some questions about how this works. Not all eGift cards are the same, and a lot of these answers depend on the specific retailer or service provider. In general, these frequently asked questions should help with any misunderstandings.
How do eGift cards work?
Basically, eGift cards work very similarly to regular gift cards. They can be redeemed online or in-person. Sometimes theyre able to be stored on ones phone, on an app, or can even be printed for a physical copy.
When your recipient is ready to use their gift card, all they need to do is present the code or log in online. Its that simple!
How long do eGift cards take to send?
Because theyre digital, eGift cards are much faster than physical gift cards. Theres no need to buy postage, print anything, or wait. If you dont select a specific date/time to send the card, it will be sent immediately. Most recipients have their digital gift within a few minutes or hours at most. Its very fast!
How long do eGift cards last?
Most eGift cards dont have an expiration date. They can be used at any time, and they dont go bad or have any limitations. However, always check with the specific retailer or service provider to make sure there are no restrictions on the card.
Do eGift cards cost more money?
Don’t Miss: How To Gift Someone An Audible Book
Can I Send A Virtual Starbucks Gift Card
Just like a physical Starbucks Card, Starbucks Card eGifts can be used to purchase beverages, food and merchandise at participating Starbucks store locations or even online. Enter the recipient name and email address to send the Starbucks Card eGift within minutes after the order has been completed.
How Do I Use Uber Balance
Uber credit will automatically apply by default to your next trip. Before or during a trip, you can select your preferred payment method and toggle your Uber credit on or off. When a trip ends, your selected payment method is charged. If Uber credit is toggled off, your default payment account is charged the full fare.
Don’t Miss: Does Oculus Have Gift Cards
How Are Uber Egift Cards Delivered
Uber eGift Cards are delivered as follows:
- Your recipient will receive an email message from GiftCards.com that contains a link to the Uber eGift Card.
- The link will take the recipient to GiftCards.com and prompt the user to enter the email address that received the eGift card and a captcha must be completed. From there, they will be taken to a page that has a link to the activation page.
- You will also receive a confirmation email. If the recipient does not receive the merchant eGift card, instruct the recipient to check their email as well as any SPAM, promotion folders or automatic filters for an email from GiftCards.com.
- Please refer to Ubers Help page for further questions.
Where To Buy Uber Gift Cards
A few of the best-known stores that sell Uber gift card are:
- Bed Bath and Beyond
- Whole Foods
From Uber’s website, you can choose to order two different types of gift card:
- eGift cards: These are delivered right to the recipient via email and can beredeemed directly through their Uber/UberEats account
- Mail gift cards: You can order a uber gift card online and have a physicalcard delivered by mail, with no extra charges and no cost for shipping
Pro Tip: You cannot send the gift card via text
Follow our step by step tutorial:
- You must go to uberus.launchgiftcards.com and click on the “Send a Gift Card” button
- Select the design and the type of of the voucher card
- You can purchase a gift card in the preset amount of your choice, between:
You May Like: Cabelas Gift Card Value
How Do I Check My Send Uber Gift Card Balance
1. Make sure you have a unique send uber gift card number. As a rule, it is indicated on the front side.
2. Go to the store website and enter it in the field.
3. You can check your gift card balance directly at the store. You can check the address of the nearest store on the companys website.
4. You can also call the contact phone number and find out the balance of the card.
All You Need To Know About The Uber Gift Card
Written by Brett Helling
Could a few free rides on Uber be the perfect gift for someone you know?
If so, the Uber gift card could be just the thing for you.
A gift card is a great way to thank a friend for a favor, give a nice perk to a client or employee, or show someone theyre special.
Since Uber is available all across the United States and abroad, its a fantastic gift that pretty much everyone can get some mileage out of.
And its a lot more interesting than the stereotypical Starbucks or iTunes gift cards that people tend to receive.
Read Also: Trade Giftcards For Cash
What If Someone Makes A Copy Of My Printed Uber Egift Card
You must safeguard your eGift card for your own protection. If someone makes a copy of your eGift card and redeems it for the full amount, your copy will have no value. No matter how many copies are made, the value of the eGift card is tied to the gift card number. When that number is used, the value of the purchase is deducted from the eGift card.
Do You Get A Free First Ride With Uber
All new riders can get free or discounted rides by using an Uber promo code in the Uber app. Depending on which promo code you choose and the price of your first ride, your first ride could be free. … But if the price is more than $5, we’ll cover the first $5 and then you are responsible for the rest.
You May Like: Trade Gift Cards For Other Cards
A Complete Guide To Uber Eats Gift Cards
Written by Brett Helling
If your friends and family know of your affinity for takeout, there may be an ideal gift they can get you for your next celebration: Enter the Uber Eats gift card.
In this article, well detail everything you need to know about this payment method.
Well cover the basics, such as what an Uber gift card is and where you can use it.
Well also cover some frequently asked questions, such as how to link the card to your Uber app.
After reading this article, you should have no problem ordering your favorite meal from a local restaurant and having it delivered to your home.
Send A Digital Gift Card Today
There are a lot of reasons to send a digital gift card compared to a physical card. Whether youre running late, you want to send one suddenly, or physical distance is in the way, an eGift is always a good idea. Not only does this cut down on unnecessary plastic, but its also easy to customize to fit the recipient.
Have you ever sent a digital gift card? Its easy to get started via email, text, or even DM. Follow these steps above to send the perfect gift at the perfect time without the stress.
Need more virtual gift ideas? Read our guide on the best digital gifts.
Also Check: Starbucks Gift Card Security Code
Postmates Gift Cards: Bye Bye
In 2020 Uber has agreed to acquire Postmates.A lot of things changed and so many will change in the following months. What we already know is that Uber is shuttingdown the Fleet platform. Postmates deliveries are now made from Uber Eats drivers.
Currently you cannot buy any more Postmates gift cards. If you have already purchased one, you can still redeemit. Follow our step by step tutorial:
What Is The Shipping Time For Giftcardscoms Uber Gift Cards
Like all merchant cards on GiftCards.com, orders placed weekdays between 8 AM and 5 PM EST are typically processed within 24 hours of receiving payment. Orders placed over the weekend may take 48 to 72 hours to process. Once processed, gift card delivery is estimated below and is subject to change.
- USPS Standard Mail: Estimate 5-10 business days
- USPS Trackable Mail: 5-8 business days
- UPS Ground: 5-8 business days
- Priority: 4-5 business days
- Express: 2-5 business days
You May Like: Occulus Gift Card
How Do I Get An Uber Promo Code
1 Uber Promo Codes & Coupon Codes for March 2021This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer.Use coupon code to avail the offer.This offer is applicable to Google Pay users.Make complete payment by using Google Pay wallet.A maximum discount can avail 50% off up to Rs. … Applicable only on 3 rides.